Dealing with a noisy garage door can be infuriating. Loud noise is a warning sign that there is something wrong with the door. Regular inspection and maintenance can help you prevent loud noise.
Here are some tips that can help you keep your door from being obnoxious.
- First of all, tighten the nuts and bolts on the door and tracks, but don’t over-tighten.
- It is necessary to maintain all the moving parts of the door. For this purpose, you can lubricate the springs with oil or lubricant.
- Lubricate the metal rollers, tracks, chain, hinges, and all other parts that create vibration.
- Lubrication will help you keep the door noise to a minimum. You can lubricate the parts yourself, but if you don’t have enough time, hire professional garage door service.
- Make sure to visually test the rollers on the automatic garage door. If you have metal tracks and metal rollers, they will produce loud noises.
- It’s better to use nylon rollers because they are much quieter, need less maintenance, and don’t need lubricants as well. They are a little expensive, but if you want to get rid of the noise, it is worth the extra money.
- If you want to replace the rollers, make sure to replace all of them at once. You can install nylon rollers yourself, but it is highly recommended to hire experienced garage door installation Inglewood service.
- After working on the nuts and bolts, there are great chances that you may have to readjust the locks. Check if the locking bars are aligned or not, if not, align them. If you will not align them, they will produce noise.
If the automatic garage door opener is making noise, contact a professional for garage door opener repair Ladera Heights immediately. If you will not take care of it at the right time, the problem will become severe.